1. Why cookies?
Cookies are stored on your computer and you can remove them whenever you want. This is very simple: just click on one of the icons below to go directly to your browser manual. Please note, however, that once you have removed cookies, some websites will require you to reset your preferences, or you will have to log in again each time you visit.
It’s important to know that using cookies is safe. Cookies will never result in spam messages or undesirable phone calls, since they never save your e-mail address or phone number. Neither are cookies used to build a detailed personal profile.
Version 1, February 23, 2015.
Cookies that help to ensure that the website functions properly.
- to remember information you enter when you fill in forms or input fields on various pages, so that next time you visit you won’t have to enter all this information again.
- to pass on information from one page to the next, for instance when filling out a long survey, or when placing an order online requires filling in a lot of information.
- to store preferences, such as language settings, location settings, the number of search results you wish to display per page, etc.
- to store settings for optimal (video) display, such as the (optimal) desired buffer size and information regarding your screen resolution.
- to read your browser settings so that our website will be displayed properly on your screen.
- to detect abuse of our website and services, for instance by registering repeated failed attempts to log in.
- to ensure an even load (page requests) across the website, keeping the website available to visitors.
- to offer the option to store login details so that you do not have to log in manually the next time you visit the website.
- to enable you to interact with our website in a whole range of different ways, such as social media interaction, or leaving direct feedback.
Cookies that allow us to gather information about the way visitors use our website.
To find out which sections of our website our viewers like best, we continually try to measure how many visitors come to our website and which pages are viewed most often. To do so, we use our own cookies and/or those provided third parties.
The information we gather in this manner is used to generate statistics. These statistics provide us with insight into how often our webpages are visited, where on our website our visitors spend the most time, how often they interact with a page or part of a page, and so on. This allows us to make the structure, navigation, and content of our website as user-friendly as possible. We do not trace our statistics and other reports back to individual people.
- to keep track of the number of visitors on our webpages.
- to keep track of the amount of time visitors spend on our webpages.
- to determine the order in which a visitor views the various pages of our website.
- to determine which parts of our website (or pages) need to be adjusted.
- to optimise the website (or parts of it).
4. Social Media
Cookies to share the content of our website via social media.
Some articles, photos, games, and videos you view on our website can be shared via social media by clicking on a number of different buttons. To enable these buttons to work properly, we use social media cookies provided by various social media platforms so that the social media platform you wish to use will recognise you when you want to share something with your friends.
In other words, these cookies allow logged-in users of the selected social media platforms to directly share certain content of our website.
For more information regarding the cookies used by these social media platforms and the possible data they collect by using these cookies, we refer you to the terms and conditions these platforms as listed on their own websites.
Please see the links to a number of social media websites listed below to view these terms and conditions (please note, however, that these terms and conditions may be subject to change without any notice). OrangeGames does not have any influence on these separate terms and conditions.
Cookies to display advertisements.
Our website displays ads. These ads are one of our sources of income.
These cookies ensure that it is possible to:
- track which ads you have already seen to prevent you from being shown the same ad over and over again.
- track how many visitors click on an advertisement so that we can balance the books with advertisers.
- track how many orders are placed via the ads so that we can balance the books with advertisers.
You can compare this type of content-related internet advertising to ads on TV. If you happen to be watching a TV programme about holidays, for instance, you will often be shown ads about holidays and other related topics in the accompanying advertising segments.
Cookies used for a webpage’s behaviour-dependent content.
We aim to provide our website’s visitors with information that is as relevant as possible to him or her. That’s why we try to adapt our website to each visitor as much as we can. We don’t just do this through the content of our website, but also through the ads we display.
In order to make these adjustments, we try to get an impression of what may interest you based on the websites you have previously visited, without constructing a profile that can be traced to any individual person. Based on these interests, we then tailor the content and the ads on our website to different groups of visitors. On the basis of your online history, you may be put into a certain category, such as “women aged 35-45, married, with children, interested in ballet”. This group will, of course, be shown different ads than the group “men aged 20-30, unmarried, interested in cooking”.
Third parties (advertisers) who place cookies via our website may use similar technologies to find out what interests you. Information about your current visit to the website may in this case be combined with information from earlier visits to other websites besides our own.
When such cookies are not used, this does not mean that you will no longer be shown any ads on our websites. In that case the ads will just be less likely to match your interests.
These cookies make it possible:
- for websites to register your visit in order to try to guess what you might be interested in.
- to register whether you clicked on an advertisement (= click through behaviour).
- to pass on information about your browsing behaviour to other websites.
- to use services provided by third parties to display ads (re-targeted marketing).
- to show more interesting ads based on your social media usage (= social media behaviour).
7. Browser Settings
If you do not want websites to place any cookies on your computer at all, you can adjust your browser settings so that you will receive a warning before any cookies are placed. You can also change your browser settings to refuse all cookies, or to refuse only cookies from third parties. You can also remove all cookies that have been placed on your computer. Please note that you will have to adjust all browser settings separately for each browser and each computer you use.
Please note that if you choose to refuse all cookies, we cannot guarantee that our website will work properly for you. It is possible that certain features of the site may no longer work, and some websites may not be displayed altogether. Refusing cookies also does not mean that you will not be shown advertisements, The adverts you see will just be less likely to match your interests, and more likely to be repeated.
How to adjust your settings will differ per browser. If necessary, you can consult the help section of your browser, or click on one of the icons shown below to go directly to your browser manual.
Other / unforeseen cookies
Due to the way the internet and websites work, we may not always have insight into the cookies placed by third parties via our website. This is mainly the case when our webpages contain so called embedded elements. That is to say, texts, documents, pictures, or videos that are stored (hosted) by another party, but are shown on or accessed via our website.
Should you come across cookies on our website that fall into this category and are therefore not listed above, please let us know. Alternatively, you can directly contact the third party in question and ask what type of cookies they place, why they do so, what the lifecycle of the cookie is, and what measure they take to safeguard your privacy.
9. Concluding comments
We will amend these policies from time to time, because our website or rules concerning cookies may for instance be subject to change (of necessity, due to changing laws or newer technology). We reserve the right to change the content of these policies and the cookies at any time and without prior notice. Please consult this webpage for the latest version.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact email@example.com